PeaceTech Lab works to reduce violent conflict using technology, media, and data to accelerate and scale peacebuilding efforts.
Assistant Operations Manager
Position: Assistant Operations Manager
Work Schedule: Full-time, position to start as soon as possible.
Location: Washington, D.C.
Compensation: Based on experience.
Work closely with the operations team at PeaceTech Lab in multiple capacities. Tasks will range from managing an exciting new space focusing on using technology for peace that includes peacetech startup companies, a global data hub and peacebuilders as tenants; to assisting the Senior Ops manager with budgets and finances. Opportunity to help make this this unusual space with a powerful mission efficient, sustainable, and a fun place to work. Must be organized and have strong spreadsheet skills as well as good people skills. Will report to the Senior Operations Manager. Help us disrupt Foggy Bottom with peacetech!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage tenants with a deft and diplomatic hand; and be the primary liaison with the landlord’s facilities team - a critical role as we try to change the world.
- Wrangle a team of vendors including printer/copier leases and AV/IT services; all while you’re scheduling any needed maintenance or repairs associated with the building.
- Get your geek on with IT connectivity in prep for meetings, demos, events. You’ll liaise with the IT Help Desk to solve issues and help with IT troubleshooting.
- Referee the scheduling scrum for video conferencing and collaboration spaces.
- Mind the common kitchen area to resupply needed items and keep it clean so we don’t scare away visitors with a mess.
- Help our visitors feel welcome by registering guests, scheduling parking and working with the building’s security team.
- Make it all count: you’ll work with the ops team to manage assets, create/update inventories, build and track budgets.
- Don’t forget the people: you will support HR by keeping employee files and helping with finance and administrative systems.
- And in the unlikely event of an emergency, you’ll assist with response and evacuations.
- We are also pretty sure other stuff will come up and we’ll work with you to deal with them as needed.
- Think critically, solve problems, ask why.
- Sweat the small stuff - like details.
- Show leadership and communicate effectively with a clear and organized mind.
- Care about serving others.
- Learn quickly, take initiative and be accountable.
- Know a bit about real estate - that experience is a big plus.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required
- Three to five years related work experience
- Comfort with technology
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization skills and ability to multitask on a fast-moving team
- Strong administrative skills, word processing abilities, and attention to detail
Please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com with “Assistant Operations Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls please. We’ll email successful candidates and notify all applicants when the position is filled.
Position is contingent upon the favorable completion of a suitability background investigation.