For Local Adoption
Unlike many tech developers, PeaceTech Lab is focused on building solutions for environments where violent conflicts occur, which are often low-bandwidth, power-deprived, and dangerous. Right now, too much peacetech gets build without intimate knowledge of local constraints
The PeaceTech Lab will be a place where thinkers and doers can envision, prototype, and produce new technology concepts to be used in the field, such as mobile applications, mapping software, and new communication tools.
PeaceTech Lab will look for gaps that can be filled by adapting and mashing up off-the-shelf consumer tech for local consumption.
Corporate members will receive a number of benefits for their membership in the PeaceTech Lab:
- Access to hard-to-acquire data on markets and conflicts
- Look at exciting young engineering talent, especially from emerging markets
- A chance to reward high-performing employees with short-term stints at the Lab
- Look at innovative technology being created in the lab and in use abroad
- Access to 300,000–500,000 visitors coming to USIP each year
- Halo effect of participation in peacebuilding